Online (if available with the local force in charge)

Search by location to find out which force's jurisdiction it falls into.

By Phone - 101

Report online or call 101 if you want to report a minor crime or incident, such as:

  • a stolen item
  • property damage
  • a civil dispute
  • if you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
  • to share information about possible criminal activity in your area
  • antisocial behaviour
  • non-urgent enquiries


By Phone - 999

Call 999 if:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just happened
  • someone is in immediate danger of harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

Your call should be answered within ten seconds. A trained member of staff will ask you what happened and where you are. They may ask you if you need any other emergency services, such as an ambulance. 

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service on 18000. 


Anti-Terrorist Hotline - 0800 789 321

Call the UK Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321 or report online if you've seen or heard something you think could suggest terrorist activity. 


Report crime anonymously to Crimestoppers

Online -

By phone - 0800 555 111

If you want to report a crime, but you don't want to identify yourself, contact Crimestoppers. 

They'll ask questions about the crime but won't ask about you. If you're concerned your call could be traced, dial 141 before 0800 555 111, this will block your phone number. 

0800 numbers are free from a landline and don't show up on BT or cable phone bills. 


Report fraud and cyber crime to Action Fraud

Online -

By phone - 0300 123 2040

If you've been the victim of a fraud, online fraud, cyber crime or you suspect one is being attempted, report it to Action Fraud. 

Action Fraud is the UKs national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre.